Why does alcohol get you drunk?
What’s actually in alcohol?
And why does it give you such a terrible hangover?
For that matter – barring whatever you do on the night, is there any other evidence that alcohol is bad for you?
Dr Sophie Calabretto talks to Cosmos Magazine science journalist Ellen Phiddian about the science of alcohol and if there’s any basis to the claims a glass of wine each night with dinner is actually good for you.
More on the science of alcohol:
- How does ‘NoLo’ alcohol beer and wine actually work?
- Alcohol explained: why is it bad for us long-term?
- Alcohol use: is low or moderate drinking healthy?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking antibiotics?
- People are bad at guessing BAC, according to alcohol survey