What, exactly, is tea? What causes its flavour, and what’s the difference between black tea, green tea, and other types?
And… can it really be so good for your health that it extends your life expectancy?
In this episode of Huh? Science Explained, science journalist Ellen Phiddian digs deep into the science of tea.
Listen to more episodes of Huh? Science Explained
More on the science of tea:
- What gives tea its flavour and health benefits?
- What causes the oily film on black tea?
- Black tea’s flavonoids can improve heart health
- Black tea drinking linked to up to 13% lower risk of dying
- Leaves in teabags contain tiny traces of bugs: eDNA study
- Tea drinkers may well live longer