Cosmos Magazine newsletter Competition book giveaway
Game of Chance
Competition Terms and Conditions
ALL LOTTERIES AND GAMES OF CHANCE – TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions of entry. These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time, in accordance with state regulations.
2. Except where advertised differently, entry is only open to all residents of Australia. The Royal Institution of Australia (RiAus) employees, associated companies and agencies, and their immediate families are ineligible.
3. To enter, participants must follow the directions on Cosmos magazine newsletter sign up page and fill-in their details including email; and agree to be automatically signed-up to either or both Cosmos “daily dose” or “catch-up” newsletters
4. The competition period starts on 15/11/2021at 2PM and ends on 29/11/2021 at 11:59PM AEST (the Promotional Period). Entries will only be accepted during the Promotional Period.
5. All valid entries submitted during the specified Promotional Period, will be entered into the prize draw to win the nominated prizes.
6. Except where advertised differently, entries are limited to one per person. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant automatically to enter repeatedly is prohibited (“Repeat Entry Device”). If the Promoter reasonably believes that an entrant is using any Repeat Entry Device, the Promoter may disqualify that entrant without notice.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Prizes will consist of 1 x copy of the book Best Australian Science Writing 2021 (RRP $32.99). There are 5 prizes to be won. The total prize pool will be valued at AUD$164.95 (RRP) inclusive of GST.
9. Subject to clause 13, all prizes are as depicted or described in the promotions for the competition and are not subject to change.
10. Prizes are not transferable or cannot be exchanged for cash.
11. RiAus accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, or injury incurred from entering the competition or in connection with taking up the prize.
12. Once prizes have left the prize supplier’s premises, RiAus takes no responsibility for any prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
13. No responsibility or liability is accepted for any variation in the value of the prizes. In the event that any prize item is unavailable, RiAus reserves the right to substitute a different prize item of equal or greater value, subject to approval in accordance with state regulations.
14. Subject to clause 16, prizes will be delivered to the winner within one (1) month of the winner being selected.
PRIZE DRAW AND WINNER NOTIFICATION
15. All prize draws will take place at RiAus on Friday 30 November 2021 at 12PM ACDT. All winners will be notified by email within 2 days of the end of that competition.
UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW
16. The unclaimed prize draw will take place after RiAus has made all reasonable efforts to contact the prize winner in time to take up the prize, in this case, at RiAus on DATE: 14/12/21 at 12PM AEDT.
17. RiAus will conduct such further draws as are necessary in order to distribute any of the prizes. Winners of unclaimed prizes will be notified either by phone or email within 2 days of the unclaimed prize draw.
18. RiAus reserves the right to request information to verify the validity of entries including: proof of identity and/or proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address. Acceptance of verification information is at the discretion of RiAus. RiAus reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these conditions of entry.
19. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
20. RiAus’s determination of the winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. No responsibility will be accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into RiAus’s database, and NOT at the time of transmission by the entrant.
22. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of RiAus which corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, RiAus reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory, where required. Tampering includes the use of Repeat Entry Device software.
23. RiAus is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of computer on line (or wireless) systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, or technical problems resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
25. By entering this competition, you give RiAus the right to use your name, address, and email address for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes outside of the competition.
26. Where a competition is promoted on Facebook and/or Instagram, entrants acknowledge this competition is in no way associated with, administered or endorsed by Facebook and/or Instagram. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this competition is not provided to Facebook and/or Instagram.
27. RiAus is the Royal Institution of Australia, 55 Exchange Place, Adelaide SA 5000 ABN: 98 638 459 658. You can contact RiAus on 08 7120 8600.
No individual prize will exceed $1000. Prize pool for each promotion will not exceed $3000. No prohibited prizes will be given away.
Read science facts, not fiction...
There’s never been a more important time to explain the facts, cherish evidence-based knowledge and to showcase the latest scientific, technological and engineering breakthroughs. Cosmos is published by The Royal Institution of Australia, a charity dedicated to connecting people with the world of science. Financial contributions, however big or small, help us provide access to trusted science information at a time when the world needs it most. Please support us by making a donation or purchasing a subscription today.